When you need ultimate longevity and an easy to clean surface, our go to will ALWAYS be polished concrete WHEN able to. (keep reading!) It is truly the only surface we can provide that with regular care and maintenance will last forever. Polished concrete features a refinement process that includes various steps and chemicals yielding a truly beautiful yet HARD surface. It is our trustable solution that provides a finish not to be subject to any potential moisture failures or delamination and color fading. The key to longevity with our CustomCrete polished concrete system is that we are not placing a chemical on top of the concrete that creates a wear layer (like epoxy or acrylic sealer) we are refining the actual concrete itself to produce a long lasting shine. The end result here is an extremely easy to clean surface and a bright shine. (You choose the level of shine you desire)
Most common areas of current polished concrete placement are:
- Warehouse floors / Storage areas
- Manufacturing plants
- Retail locations
- Grocery Stores
- Big Box Stores
- Front office waiting rooms
- Public Storage Facilities
- Office complexes
- Restaurant Dining areas
The benefits they are experiencing daily are:
- Ease of cleaning and maintenance (daily dust mop, weekly autoscrub typically)
- Slip resistance (one of the most slip resistant surface when DRY)
- Increased lighting in their spaces due to light reflection on ground.
- A Modern looking appearance that is often sought after by architects and designers.
- Spill resistance due to refinement process and addition of a penetrating sealer.
- The ability to add a polishable overlay system to worn concrete to make it look new again.
*Disclaimer!* These reasons above and more are why we are always looking to place polished concrete WHEN possible… Although it is extremely durable and has all of the above awesome benefits, it is important to note that it is not the end all be all for every situation.